Monday, July 7, 2008

Site advisor


Be careful when surfing in internet especially if the website you are going to visit is not popular or you don't know the site very well. It might contained virus which can damaged your computer, trojan or spyware which might steal your crucial information and passwords. You should also be wise and think twice before giving your email address to any sites which will spam you and even worse if attempt to scam you.

Fortunately there websites that provide information about websites. one of those is siteadvisor.com. This sites is own by an anti virus company McAfee review from user about the site, comment for their opinion if there a spam, spyware or other things which would give negative effect to browser. It also offer you a free plug in for both internet explorer and Mozilla. This one proven to be very useful to avoid phising websites if you read about my previous post, you may know thats phisher will takes benefits from your mistakes such as typo mistake on website address. It will warn you every time you browsing on internet if the site that you visit is bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this
This is quite useful
Especially when the evil virus destroyed my beloved laptop last year it was such a dread from the virus of some site I went to
Now I can feel safe

Stefen said...

I have same experience, last time when I'm online some pop up ads show up, its really annoying. I guess its might be cause by some 'bad' site that I have visit.