Sunday, June 22, 2008

What topic to post?

Blogging is an activity for sharing, inform, networking in internet. Blogging is fun and It is not a bad idea to make it as your hobby. Additionally you can even make money from this hobby. The most hardest part is maintain your commitment of blogging. Many blogger (It may include me haha...) stuck in choosing of a topic to talk about.


Most of them will end up:
  1. Become a Copy CAT, browse for other peoples' content and make similar posts or even worse exactly the same one which looks like a "copy and paste" post. Watch out people might know that you copying his/her posts. In examples they might search using this site: copyscape.com
  2. Created multiple blogs. What is bad in this one is that the blogger can't find any topics that related to the current blog and try with another one. Making multiple blogs is good if only you can keeping up with all of them or more focus with one of them.
  3. Giving up on blogging. Given up so fast? I have nothing to say about this one, maybe you have no luck in blogging.

Here are some tips. These are what I did when I'm stuck in choosing blog topics:

Get ideas from a single word!
Try Brainstroming by viewing tags in technorati, hopefully you can get ideas for posting there: technorati.com/tag
Searching for keywords at searchenginewatch.com, try to get what is hot in popular search engines such as google.

Check what is hot in my community!
Log in in mybloglog viewing "Hot in mycommunity" you can research and post about things that most of your readers interested in.

Thinking what kind of post I will make:
There are many kind of posts you can make. You might post about event or competition, tutorial, opinion and critic, story or journal, news, jokes and much more!

For closing I would like to said good luck and happing blogging for you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, so I often see that copy scape thing but i don't really know how it functions. Surely well, I use technorati and with one week of use, i was able to rise 14 notches and i am too happy about it.

Actually, i am one of those with multiple blogs. I don't update all of them daily but my main blog, which is the webloglearner, you see that it is at least updated in a 2-day interval unless I want a post to stay exposed for such a time.

About posting, I am not out of ideas. I don't care what is in or out of others' blogs as long as it fits my blog. I have corresponding blogs for each topic, for Online stuffs; for Opinionated Philippines; for Wellness (Health Related); for travel related posts; for Online interesting images, etcetera, etcetera.

Stefen said...

wooohoo you surely have a lot of blogs... :D

For copyscape just enter you websites url into the it and search. You might find out those sites with similar post to you, maybe they copy your post!