Friday, June 13, 2008

Entrecard is a community!

Ok, I have joined entrecard almost two month now and have dropping my card everyday. I had noticed that entrecard fantasticly have boosted my blog traffics! sadly the dropper usually just leave after dropped their cards. I have to agree with opinion that said dropping entrecard only increase 'quantity' of traffics not its 'quality'.

I guess the reason was that for many web surfers dropping card really time consuming. A lot of sites that offered fast loading sites list, bookmarks and others which they claimed that you could drop 300 cards in about 15 minutes.

In practices it takes more than that! especially if you don't have a fast internet connection. The connections would depend on the IsP that available in where you live in. My internet connection speed is 1Mbps, compare to yours maybe it is quite slow but is now better than before. It was at 384 Kbps!

Moreover dropping entrecard is also difficult for those who have very limited brandwidth. More drop mean extra costs to spend. If I play entrecard for money making only I would have quit long ago. No wonder there are peoples who though to offer services of dropping your entrecard. What they said is like this:

How to? "Give me your entrecard email and password"
Are they legal? "They are not forbidden I guess"
Is this a good business opportunity? "you will get profits"

If you need to give your account email and pass, I doubt it. Dear entrecard mates, have you ever try to hire someone to drop your card for you? give your account so easily? You have to remember that entrecard is not just for dropping and selling credits it is a community.

Besides if you active helping others on forum such as review their blogs, post a link, dig stumble or etc you might get more than daily dropping. It is also time consuming as dropping cards but you will see the different. Entrecard members would more likely respond to your blog!

I think that kind offer would be dead now, since they will be able to do unlimited drops with their own multiple blogs in one entrecard account. If some people still offering this kind of services, I would assumed it as a scam attempt. They can drop for their own why still offering dropping for others people?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

EntreCard is a social network. You have to BE social in order for it to work it's best for you. That means not *just* dropping your card on 300 sites, but rather commenting on posts, stumbling articles, digging photographs, technorati favoriting the site -- well, you get the picture. Even just clicking on someone's adsense ad is a help to that site owner.

I think once people begin focusing less on the drop-on-my-card aspect of EC, the more robust the entire community will become.

ê¿ê

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post. Also I found your blog quite colorful and interesting.

Cheers !!
Vimita(http://realitywave.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

Nice post. The pay to drop sounds like a sure scam scheme to me!!!

Descartes said...

I have never gotten that much traffic from Entrecard, but I keep around because I tend to run across some interesting blogs once in a while.

I agree with Margaret that you should stop once in a while and leave a comment or a stumble or a digg or a mixx or whatever.

Anonymous said...

Same thing here. Almost 3 weeks in EC and after improving my alexa with around 8 million notches, i am planning on moving to the next level. Making friends that can make quality traffic.

I have actually invited already one for some quality traffic and i have yet to make rules about it. It is something like moving within the site of the small group making the bump rate lower.